Bee Wise Farms is happy to provide a variety of educational and outreach experiences to all ages. We provide on-farm education and in-class sessions looking at Honey Bees and Wellness; from anatomy to pollination, benefits of honey, yoga, meditation and more. We work with home school groups and on an individual/family basis. Bee Wise Farms will shape each session to meet your needs. Call Lacey Ingrao at (517) 492-7474 to chat about your options. We look forward to hearing from you.
Education and Outreach Includes:
- Beekeeping 101
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- The Buzz about Bees: A brief history of Apis Mellifera Honey
- Supply & Demand: Problems facing the global honey industry
- Observation Hives
- Honey tastings
- Educational Hive with microscopic photos of internal workings of beehive.
- Youth Education
Bee Wise Wellness
- Ecotherapy 101- building a connection with nature
- Transitions & Rites of Passage
- Edible Landscaping/Gardening
- Exploring the Senses
- Meditation and Yoga Wellness
- MI Veteran Services
PLEASE NOTE: While BWF's does engage in community partnerships and projects on a volunteer basis, there is a fee for our Education Services.
Please complete the form below to let us know what you need. For immediate assistance, please call (517) 492-7474
2 Million flowers are needed to produce 1 pound of honey
A honey bee is the only insect that provides food for humans
Honey is the only form of sugar that does not need to be refined
Honey is an all natural sweetener
Honey contains phenolic acids, which act as antioxidants
Honey may boost memory, regulate blood sugar, reduce ulcers and soothes coughs.
A worker bee visits 50-100 flowers on each trip
A honey bee flies about 15 MPH